Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stupid and Contagious

41tw5opnvgL__SL500_ I picked up a copy of this book at a used book store. I was looking for chick lit and for some light summer reading. I am usually bored by the girl meets boy and falls in love with boy plots only because they are overdone.

 

However, this cuttingly sarcastic novel is delicious. Caprice Crane is witty and funny. Every page is a little bit hilarious.

 

The unique chapter set up (which I know has been done before, but it’s always refreshing when you see it) makes the book readable in a way that comes together beautifully. The two main characters go back and forth in perspective each chapter. Sometimes this method can feel disjointed, but the chapters pick up where the other left off. It works. And it works well.

 

The story line is familiar, but it’s not trite and boring. It was definitely a better book than I had expected.

 

Grade: E (Exceeds Expectations)

0 comments :