Monday, January 17, 2011

The Girl Who Played With Fire

Played-w-fire-cover

Over the break, (Working at a college affords me the luxury of having 2 weeks off over the Christmas holidays.) I managed to finish the whole Millennium Trilogy.

 

This book is jam packed. It’s slow in the beginning, but picks up pace. I sped through it and made a mad dash to the bookstore to get the next book.

 

The story follows Lisbeth and Mikael again. This time, however, it’s Lisbeth who is in deep trouble. And the ending completely leaves you hanging. It’s a thrill ride the last 100 pages or so.

 

Overall, this book is great. I do have some issues with the way Larsson writes though. I don’t like the way when a new character is introduced we get their ENTIRE back story in like 3 really long paragraphs. I wish he would have followed the cardinal writing rule of “Show – Don’t Tell.”

 

Nonetheless, Larsson captivates again with his wonderful vibrant characters and their ambiguous and interesting lives.

 

PS. Does everyone in Sweden have sex like rabbits and with random people?

 

Grade: E (Exceeds Expectations) 

0 comments :